Outdoor Education Lead Instructor- Spring
Begins March 28, 2022
Under the direction of the Outdoor Education Director, Lead Outdoor Education Instructors will teach outdoor education classes, develop curriculum, perform organization tasks, communicate with schools and school leaders, and assist in leading trainings, and mentoring outdoor education staff members.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and develop solutions as needed.
- Participate and lead Outdoor Education training.
- Mentor Outdoor Education Staff Members.
- Facilitate classes and follow curriculum when working with visiting school groups.
- Run climbing wall and low ropes programs for visiting groups and schools.
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues.
- Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion.
- Assist in program development and advancement.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
- Work in other departments or program areas as assigned.
ESTES PARK CENTER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Facilitate indoor and outdoor climbing wall
- Run Mountain Center front desk. Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, check participant rosters, and provide general program information.
- Housekeeping as assigned.
- Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Education, Science, Environmental Studies, Biology, or similar area of study.
- Experience working with Children is required.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- * Must be fluent in speaking English
- * Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.