Painter - Seasonal
REPORTS TO: Buildings Foreman
The Building & Grounds Painter is responsible for the upkeep, repair, and painting of exterior surfaces and some interior surfaces of Snow Mountain Ranch. May refinish furniture as needed for the Buildings & Grounds Department. Paint exteriors and interiors on cabins, lodges, buildings and other areas around camp. Prior painting experience required.
- Have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry, and know, and use, all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work.
- Have 2 years of experience in preparation and painting and a working knowledge of techniques, practices, and methods of the painting trade, along with a working knowledge of a variety of hand tools.
- Have experience with paint sprayers and other painting techniques.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, manage time well, and prioritize work.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. (approved driver only)
- Be able to work a flexible work schedule as hours will vary and may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures from around the world.
- Ability to access and move throughout all YMCA facilities.
- Physical ability - be able to:
- Stand, walk, bend and work in cramped or awkward positions
- Work from ladders, scaffolding and rooftops.
- Work, inside and outside, sometimes in extreme conditions.
- Lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work from heights up to 50 feet
- Do the above for an 8 hour shift
- Stain or paint wood and other surfaces
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean, and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility up and running.
- Communicate with painting crew and supervisor to ensure a quality product and timely completion of projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
UNIFORM: A staff vest or shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee from May to August and December to April. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Work boots or hiking boots recommended. No open toed shoes. Long work pants/jeans. No shorts.
This is a seasonal, hourly (approx. 40 hours/week) position paying a starting rate of $15/hour (compensation is DOE) plus:
- 1 meal per 5 hour or longer shift
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Access to Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Painter - Seasonal
Snow Mountain Ranch
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Seasonal