Painter - Year-Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 for SMR annually.
The Painter is primarily responsible for the upkeep, repair, and painting of exterior and interior surfaces as well as refinishing furniture. May at times help with repair of facilities associated with the operations at Snow Mountain Ranch, by performing a variety of tasks related to all aspects of repair and maintenance.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Prepare the interior and exterior of cabins and buildings for paint and refinishing.
- Apply paints and finishes using brush, roller, and spray equipment
- Repair, patch, texture, and finish drywall including miscellaneous caulking
- Prepare wall and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, etc.
- Match paint samples for touch-ups and other small projects
- Plan and prioritize projects and work time for efficiency.
- Requisition parts, materials and tools necessary to perform tasks assigned.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work and ensure seasonal/volunteer helpers follow the same procedures.
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Communicate with the Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds, Building Foreman, and coworkers for job tasks, assignments, challenges, and cost control.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe, clean and professional manner and communicate that completion with those necessary to get the accommodation or facility open and operational
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to telephone, computer, copy machine, hand-held radios, etc
- Ability to evaluate problems and request assistance when necessary.
- If living on-grounds, will be on-call at least one night a week.
- Must have painting skills with a variety of hand tools.
- Must have experience with paint sprayers and other painting techniques.
- Must have drywall patching and finishing skills.
- Minimum of a high school diploma, 2 years of experience in preparation and painting, and job experience in some maintenance field preferred.
- Excellent public relations, time management, and organizational skills required.
- Must read and speak fluent English and have good hearing and eyesight abilities to accomplish tasks assigned.
- Must follow written and oral instructions.
- Proven experience with maintenance operations in a commercial resort along with residential settings.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding, on roofs, and in crawl spaces and attics.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds.
- Work indoors and outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Work in noisy environment
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This is a full-time, year-round, $16/hour non-exempt position with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have served at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ and provide volunteer positions for people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full Time