Philanthropy Communications Manager - Year-Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates mission-based family and group conference and retreat centers and a residential camp serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Philanthropy Communications Manager is primarily responsible for developing and delivering quality communications for the Association’s philanthropic efforts - annual report, impact videos, donor letters, donor reports, member communication, web and social media content, brochure content, grant applications and more. This position is also responsible for targeted relationship building with private and corporate foundations - local, regional and national.
Our Mission and Culture:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Work collaboratively with the Philanthropy team to develop and deliver quality communications for the Association’s philanthropic efforts - annual report, impact videos, donor letters, donor reports, web and social media content, brochure content, grant applications and more.
- Ability to strategically and creatively build donor centric communications.
- Work collaboratively with the Association Marketing team to ensure communications are complimentary to Associations communications and brand compliant.
- Develop new and steward existing relationships with: individuals, private and corporate foundations - local, regional and national.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, and able to work independently while handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning all professional matters, especially donor communications and private information.
- Maintain ethical standards as outlined by NAYDO, AFP and YMCA of the Rockies.
- Must be able to speak and write in English, operate in Microsoft Office, and work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. (Oral, written and computer proficiency expected).
- Three to five years successful experience in nonprofit communications and donor relationship building, specifically foundations.
- Bachelor’s degree in financial development, communication, marketing, public relations, business administration or related field.
- Possess strong organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Writing and/or graphic design background preferred.
- Donor database experience, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is based out of the YMCA of the Rockies Executive Office in Estes Park, CO.
- Appropriate workspace and technology (computer, phone and internet) are provided.
- Some remote work may be allowed with this position.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Travel between the two YMCA of the Rockies centers and the Colorado Front Range is a requirement of the role. Some additional travel may also be required.
- YMCA of the Rockies is set in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. All employees, including those that primarily work in offices should be prepared for all seasons and changing weather.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying $55,000 per year, with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges and cabins (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time