Job Title: Philanthropy Intern EPC/SMR
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Reports to: Philanthropy Director
The Philanthropy Intern will provide support for all areas of the department, including, but not limited to, planning and working events, implementing recognition and stewardship efforts, data entry, donor visits, Tuesday Morning Gatherings, and staff for kid’s responsibilities.
Position Available at Snow Mountain Ranch Only from May 2021-August 2021
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Work with Financial Development Team to promote philanthropy to guests, members and staff
* Organize and attend member gatherings and special events as appropriate
* Assist with collection and distribution of stories emphasizing the impact of the YMCA of the Rockies
* Provide general administrative support for the financial development team
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning all professional matters, especially donor communications and private information
* Possess a valid, USA driver’s license, good driving record and be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
* Help coordinate and participate in visits with members and prospective donors
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
* All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.57/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.