PM Laundry Supervisor - Year Round
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The PM Laundry Supervisor is primarily responsible for assisting with operations in the Industrial Laundry by efficiently and effectively motivating and training staff. Additionally, the PM Laundry Supervisor is required to ensure that machinery is operated correctly and safely, chemicals are inventoried and handled safely, linens are in supply and in good condition, other laundry supplies are monitored and needs are communicated to the Laundry Manager. Oversees daily operations of Industrial Laundry in the absence of the Laundry Manager.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Plans, prioritizes and oversees daily laundry operations in conjunction with the Laundry Manager
- Work with Laundry Manager to ensure all machinery, chemicals, and vehicles are properly operated and maintained
- Ensures safe practices and procedures are followed
- Reports to Laundry Manager on the progress of projects and needs of the Industrial Laundry
- Supervises, schedules, assigns, motivates, and leads crew members to ensure quality and standards are met
- Flexibility to work both AM and PM shifts
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles both on and off the property
- One year of experience in an Industrial Laundry preferred
- Basic understanding and ability to use computer software
- Bilingual preferred
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Possess the stamina to work in the work environment described herein
- Bi-lingual skills preferred
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must possess the physical stamina to walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the workday
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel repeatedly throughout the workday
- Must possess physical stamina to work in warm/hot environment throughout the workday
- Must possess physical strength to lift up to 30lbs repeatedly throughout the workday
- Must be able to work effectively in a noisy and fast-paced environment
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.