Preschool Classroom Aide - seasonal
Preschool Classroom Aide
The Bennett Preschool Aide is responsible for assisting lead classroom teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool age children using a Nature-Based and Reggio-Inspired philosophy and curriculum.
* Have experience working with children ages 3-6 years old
* Be intrinsically and extrinsically motivated
* Have the ability to work effectively with other team members and possess communication skills to resolve difficulties
* Be fluent in speaking and writing English
* Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
* Pass a health physical before employment
* Regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four (4) feet
* Be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
* Have interest in the Reggio Approach to teaching and/or Nature-Based or Forest School Early Childhood Education Models.
* Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned
* Responsible for assisting Lead Classroom Teachers with planning, sustaining, and implementing the Reggio Approach to teaching as well as Nature-based/Forest School philosophy and curriculum
* Responsible for addressing behavior management issues
* Share in the responsibility for the safety of the children in her/his care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
* Uphold the Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct of the YMCA of the Rockies and refrain from out-of-program contact with program participants
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions.
* Assist in snack preparation, activity preparation, and bathrooming for Preschool aged children.
* Share in the cleaning of the Bennett Preschool building and preschool equipment
* Participate in YMCA Bennett Preschool Staff meetings when needed
* Assist in leading morning meetings when needed
* Attend scheduled YMCA Bennett Preschool staff trainings
* Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Must follow staff dress code as outlined in the YMCA of the Rockies Seasonal Staff Handbook.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $230/week with employee perks including free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
* Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!).
* Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week).
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
* 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
* Discounts at local merchants
* Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Job Status: Seasonal