Job Title: Program Administrator - Estes Park Center
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Family Programs Director Revision Date: 1/2020
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 guests annually. The Program Administrator is primarily responsible for maintaining communication with guests regarding current and future activities being offered.
Position Start Date: Between 03/02/2020-03/10/2020
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Compile, edit, produce and distribute the weekly and seasonal activity guide, guidebook app, MVIX slides, welcome email and other promotional materials.
* Maintain and set up ActiveNet.
* Monitor website and online activity database to ensure program information is accurate.
* Work with marketing department to promote and advertise programs.
* Train staff as needed in use of ACTIVE Net.
* Hire, train, supervise and evaluate the Admin Intern during the summer season.
* Train and monitor Sweet Memorial Desk Attendants.
* Assist in the scheduling of Sweet Memorial Desk Attendants.
* Organize and manage the daily functions of the Program Department business office including ordering office supplies, maintaining equipment, and taking minutes at meetings.
* Monitor Program Department expense spreadsheet using monthly reports from Accounting.
* Work with Accounting Department for Financial Accuracy of revenue transfers between ActiveNet.
* Assist Program Managers as needed, including support for special events and desk attendants.
* Advanced knowledge of computers for maintaining database, spreadsheets and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Publisher.)
* Must be extremely organized with impeccable accuracy and attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
* Ability to work independently, take initiative, be self-directed and make good decisions.
* Ability to communicate visually and orally while fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
* Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and challenges simultaneously, in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the hours may vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
* Must possess and maintain current CPR and WFA certifications.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
* Ability to operate office equipment: computer, telephone, copier, scanner, label maker, etc.
* Excellent keyboard, data entry, book keeping, cashiering and organizational skills.
* Ability to oversee and complete projects in a timely manner.
* Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, hike on uneven terrain for 2 miles.
* Ability to climb stairs, frequently get up and down from desk, move throughout lodges and meeting facilities.
* The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
* The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually fairly high.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.