Program Administrator - Year Round
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Program Administrator is responsible for coordinating private group programming through guest outreach and activity scheduling. They are also responsible for compiling a list of program department offerings and advertising them to guests through the Activity Guide.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Manage group registration for programs including online sign up, selection and outfitting of programs, waivers and paperwork required for activity confirmations and payments.
- Work with Conference and Group Sales for financial accuracy and communication with groups.
- Work with the Programs team to schedule and tailor programs to different groups.
- Maintain communication with groups during and after their visit.
- Facilitate group programming as needed.
- Create and update the Activity Guide weekly.
- Ensure program accuracy through strong communication and coordination.
- Assist with guest activity registration at the Sweet Desk or Mountain Center Desk.
- Assist with training seasonal staff members as needed.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills coupled with outstanding telephone etiquette.
- Experience with graphic design and other advertising techniques
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Must be extremely organized with impeccable accuracy and attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, be self-directed and make good decisions.
- Ability to communicate visually and orally while fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and challenges simultaneously, in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions, distractions and deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of computers for maintaining database, spreadsheets and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Publisher.)
- Work with other departments at YMCA of the Rockies to meet the needs of guest access to programs and activities.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as the hours may vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Ability to operate office equipment: computer, telephone, copier, scanner, label maker, etc.
- Excellent keyboard, data entry, book keeping, cashiering and organizational skills.
- Ability to oversee and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Enthusiasm for constant Program Department development and offerings.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism is required
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, walk, hike on uneven terrain for 2 miles.
- Ability to climb stairs, frequently get up and down from desk, move throughout lodges and meeting facilities.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually fairly high.