Program Desk Attendant - Volunteer
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Program Desk Attendant provides customer service to guests and members at the Sweet Memorial Program Building. Program Desk Attendants are responsible for managing a cash drawer and our online sign up system, as well as information sharing about our Program Department, our Association, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Estes Park.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Program Desk Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Use a computer and computerized cash register to sell merchandise, run daily reports, balance and maintain accurate accounting
- Assist guests in signing up for activities like zip line, climbing wall, guided hikes, and archery
- Responsible for stocking merchandise and cleaning of Sweet Memorial Program Building
- Work on developing the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in the children through activities and general interactions and requirements
- Communicate with all guests in a mature and responsible fashion
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Assist in the success of all programs as needed
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Volunteers are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Required Dates: May - August 2019
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer