Program Desk Attendant
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Desk Attendant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to guests and members at the Sweet Memorial Program Building. Daily responsibilities of Program Desk Attendants include opening and closing the building; managing a cash drawer and our online sign up system; being knowledgeable on and sharing information about our Programs, our Association, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Estes Park; and promoting current and future activities and offerings across the Y.
OUR CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Use computer and phone systems to assist guests in signing up for activities, sell merchandise, check out equipment, and run daily reports
- Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion
- Make change and balance cash boxes
- Responsible for stocking merchandise and cleaning of Sweet Memorial Program Building
- Facilitate family programs as needed
- Remain flexible and positive in a fast-paced work environment
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must possess current Adult and Pediatric First Aid and CPR/AED certifications
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.