Program Desk Volunteer
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Description - Program Desk Volunteer
Job Title: Program Desk Volunteer Status: Volunteer
Employee Classification: Volunteer Reports to: Senior Program Administrator
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
The Program Desk Volunteer provides customer service to guests and members at the Sweet Memorial Program Building. Program Desk Volunteers are responsible for being knowledgeable on and sharing information about our Programs, our Association, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Estes Park; promoting current and future activities and offerings across the Y; assisting guests in signing up for activities; and assisting in general building functions (opening, closing, general cleaning, answering the phone, checking out equipment, selling snacks/drinks, etc.).
Volunteer Desk Attendant Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
* Must be able to lift 25 pounds
* Must possess excellent customer service skills
* Communicate with all guests and staff in a mature, professional, and respectful fashion
* Use a computer and computerized cash register to sell merchandise, sign guests up for activities, and run daily reports
* Assist guests in signing up for activities like climbing wall, guided hikes, and archery both in person and over the phone
* Responsible for stocking merchandise and cleaning of Sweet Memorial Program Building
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all situations
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and practices
* Possess excellent customer service skills, including being friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative and positive atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Assist in the success of all programs as needed
* All other duties as assigned
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer