Program Director - Year-Round
Job Title: Program Director - Estes Park Center Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 08/2018
Reports to: Estes Park Center Director
Leadership Level: Multi-Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 for EPC annually. The Program Director is primarily responsible for overseeing a year-round team of staff and developing and implementing a wide variety of programs and activities for families and groups.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Develop and communicate an overall cohesive vision for the EPC Program Department.
* Hire, train, and supervise a competent staff. Recommend training, promotions and salary adjustments for Program personnel. Set performance standards and evaluate performance.
* Plan, develop and implement programs and activities which exemplify the standards of the YMCA of the Rockies Mission Statement to suit people of all ages. Programs include but are not limited to hiking, day camp, pre-school, outdoor education, adventure education, family programming/development and creative & performing arts.
* Develop and adhere to annual budgets for both operations and capital projects.
* Must possess excellent human relations skills in dealing with guests, program presenters, vendors, staff and other department managers.
* Possess proven organizational and multi-tasking skills to be able to coordinate the many separate program activities and vendor contracts.
* Serve as the primary contact with program concessionaires such as livery, fly-fishing and massage.
* Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
* Active and supportive member of the EPC management team.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
* Possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in the area of Recreation or Non-Profit Leadership.
* Possess at least five years of general program experience, including day camp and family programming.
* Identify and apply for grants that enhance the Program Department and the Estes Park Center.
* Knowledge and commitment to the National YMCA movement
* Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds a minimum of 4 feet in the air.
* Monitor and manage all program facilities including but not limited to swimming pool, library, museum, youth program buildings, livery stables, mountain center, ropes course, zip line, craft and design center, roller skating, longhouse gym, outdoor amphitheater, campfire rings, recreation fields, miniature golf, tennis courts, and various other areas.
* Maintain ACA accreditation, State of Colorado Child Care Licensing, and relationships with National Park Service and US Forest Service.
* Report needed repairs and new construction requests to the Buildings and Grounds Department.
* Purchase program supplies and equipment and maintain inventory records.
* Able to obtain and maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
* Must be able to climb stairs, kneel, stoop and bend
* Must be able to stand for periods in excess of two hours
* Must be able to function in loud and hectic environments
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time