YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Job Description - Volunteer Program Floater
Job Title: Volunteer Family Programmer Status: Volunteer
Employee Classification: Volunteer Reports to: Family Programs Director
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
Volunteer Program Floaters are responsible for helping in multiple aspects of the Program Department. This includes, but is not limited to, leading family programs (including Astronomy programming), recreation programs, youth programs, and museum tours and programs; this also may include helping at the Library, Mini-Golf Clubhouse, Roller Rink, Sweet Memorial, Mountain Center, and Craft and Design Center. Volunteer Program Floaters will work with the Program Department team to help in a variety of areas as the need of the Program Department and the skills of the Volunteer dictate.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Summer 2020
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Volunteer Program Floater Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds
* Must be able to walk up to two (2) miles on uneven terrain
* Carry out positive behavior management of groups of guests of all ages
* Work with Program Department to plan, develop, and implement the assigned programs and activities
* Provide flexible programming to varying audiences
* Work on developing the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all guests through programs and general interactions and requirements
* Share in the responsibility for the safety of guests in their care with the ability to predict and prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
* Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible, and professional fashion
* Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, and check participant rosters
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Assist in the success of all Programs as needed
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.