Plays a crucial role in serving our guests and overseeing recreation staff. Supervises activites at recreational facilities and other program functions including: Kiva recreation center, summer tubing hill, leading archery sessions, leading group campfires and other activities. High energy and a positive attitude needed. We are the department of fun!
- Possess supervisory and communication skills
- Certified American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR. Work with people of all ages
- Know and implement all safety procedures when needed
- Uphold and adhere to the policies of Snow Mountain Ranch and the Program Department
- Read and speak English
- Previous experience working with people in the service, recreation or teaching areas.
- Project a positive attitude towards guests and staff
- Lift up to 60 pounds from floor
- Work in recreation facilities while supervising and training Lifeguards and Recreation Attendants
- Supervise and train Canoeing/Waterfront summer program staff
- Prefer Lifeguard Training Instructor and American Canoeing Association certificates
- Prepare employee schedule
- Support and enforce policies and procedures.
- Lead staff meetings
- Clean facilities on hands and knees using chemicals
- Make change, balance cash box, and complete reports
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position paying $290/week with additional employee benefits including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
In addition to the grooming standards outlined in the Seasonal Staff Handbook, the following applies to
A staff vest or three shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Shorts, jeans, are acceptable. Earrings are allowed, however, hoops may be no larger than 1/2". Excessive jewelry may be restricted.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.