Job Title: Recruiting Assistant Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Part-Time, Year-Round Date: 9/2021
Leadership Level: Team
Reports to: Recruitment Marketing Specialist
This position supports the work of YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and overnight summer camp for youth, serving more than 225,000 guests and over 2,200 campers annually.
This position supports the recruiting efforts of the Human Resources and Marketing Departments at YMCA of the Rockies. Through supervision and support from the Recruitment Marketing Specialist, and Hiring and Onboarding Specialist, the Recruiting Assistant will focus on marketing and advertising all job, volunteer, and gap program opportunities offered at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Work closely with the Human Resources and Marketing Department to identify and deliver staffing needs
* Market and advertise employment opportunities to reach a diverse and qualified pool of applicants
* Utilize traditional sourcing strategies as well as develop and implement new, creative recruiting ideas
* Ensure that recruitment practices conform to all employment laws
* 1-2 years of experience in Marketing, Human Resources, and/or Social Media
* Strong organizational, administrative, writing and communication skills
* Motivation and commitment to work independently and be self-directed
* Oversee and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner
* Maintain strict confidentiality concerning personnel matters
* Manage multiple priorities simultaneously
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
* Positive, supportive and effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program; promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Occasional lifting of boxes, equipment equal to 30 pounds.
* Working in an office environment with a variety of staff from other departments.
* Some outdoor presence required for events, photo and video shoots, media coverage.
* Flexible schedule and routine required to respond to demands of position.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.57/hour (based on 28 hours/week). This position includes:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.