Recruitment Marketing Specialist - Year-Round
Job Title: Recruitment Marketing Specialist Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-round / Benefited Revision Date: 7/2018
Leadership Level: Team
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director
This position supports the work of YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 225,000 guests annually. The Recruitment Marketing Specialist is primary responsible for developing and executing a recruitment process, with particular emphasis on spring and fall seasons, that generates a high volume of qualified applicants who also uphold the Mission and values of YMCA of the Rockies.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan to meet needed staffing levels across the Association. The plan will include seasonal staff including domestic interns, volunteers, and year-round / benefited staff
* Identify, create and nurture partnerships with relevant organizations and contacts to draw new applicants and create staff-sharing solutions
* Work closely with human resources directors and resident camp director to identify and deliver applicants to fill staffing needs
* Monitor job market trends and analyze application data for the purpose of effective and efficient recruitment
* Market and advertise employment opportunities to reach a diverse and qualified pool of applicants
* Use traditional sourcing strategies as well as develop and implement new, creative recruiting ideas
* Ensure that recruitment practices conform to all employment laws
* Maintain and deliver hiring metrics as required
* Coordinate and travel to strategically selected sources
* Visit each center frequently and regularly to develop and maintain strong relationships with hiring managers
* Develop, monitor and operate within the recruitment budget for effective results
* Recruitment of applicants to sufficiently meet the Association’s need for qualified staff and volunteers, with emphasis on spring and fall seasons
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or other relevant field; or four year’s recruiting experience for a destination resort or location
* Minimum of two years’ business experience, preferably in human resources, marketing or sales
* Ability to develop positive, supportive and effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with representatives of recruitment sources
* Basic graphic design skills desired
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher; experience with Adobe Creative Suite beneficial
* Strong English, organizational, administrative, writing and communication skills
* Motivation and commitment to work independently and be self-directed
* Oversee and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner
* Maintain strict confidentiality concerning personnel matters
* Must comply with Association service principles and service standards
* Proven history of managing social media channels, including creating content, increasing and engaging followers, and monitoring use/abuse
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
* Manage multiple priorities simultaneously
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff
* All other duties assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program; promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Occasional lifting of boxes, equipment equal to 30 pounds.
* Working in an office environment with a variety of staff from other departments.
* Some outdoor presence required for events, photo and video shoots, media coverage.
* Flexible schedule and routine required to respond to demands of position.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time