Relief Night Auditor/Guest Registration Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, and a residential camp, serving more than 225,000 annually. The Relief Night Auditor/Relief Guest Registration Manager is primarily responsible for covering the days/nights when the regular Night Auditor and any of the Guest Registration Managers are off (including extended time off for vacation, holiday, sick time, etc.).
The Night Auditor is primarily responsible for the following: running computer programs and reports, auditing daily accounting transactions, providing guest services between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, such as answering the switchboard, checking-in late arrivals, dispatching the appropriate staff for service requests and communicating with emergency dispatchers and staff for the appropriate responses to medical, fire, law enforcement emergencies, power outages, etc.
The Guest Registration Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing their shifts at the Front Desk with a high priority on guest service; managing Guest Registration seasonal staff & volunteers; and is responsible for accurate guest folio charges, income audit and related duties.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Operate YMCA of the Rockies Property Management System (currently Maestro) and associated credit card batching functionality as part of the overall night audit process.
- Able to work alone and remain alert between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, at least two nights a week, including weekends and holidays. Scheduled Night Audit shifts may increase to allow for vacation and training for the full-time Night Auditor which will be arranged in advanced. When this happens, the number of Relief Guest Registration Manager shifts will decrease to make up for the additional Night Audit coverage.
- Able to use good initiative and good judgement in resolving problems, addressing emergencies and contacting support resources when appropriate.
- Able to apply good accounting principles in reviewing and reconciling daily financial transactions.
- Ensure that the Business Office vault is secure and proper balance is maintained.
- Able to follow written instructions and satisfactorily complete all elements of the property management system night audit functions and reports.
- Able to review and understand computer-generated reports and able to update Excel spreadsheets and logs.
- Complete month-end and year-end auditing process.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
Guest Registration Manager
- Operate the propertys radio and PBX systems and promptly report outages and malfunctions.
- Must work well with frequent interruptions in a busy environment.
- Must sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and walk around during a work shift.
- Must converse in English face to face, via telephone and two-way radio, and read and write English.
- Assist with hiring, training, supervising and evaluations of Guest Registration seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Ensure guest requests and concerns are addressed and done so in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that Guest Registration staff support and follow departmental and Association policies and procedures.
- Assist with switchboard emergencies and other major concerns involving guests and employees that arise at the Guest Registration Desk.
- Ensure accurate charges to guest folios, as well as timely billing when necessary.
- Ensure cashiers accurately compile daily bank deposits.
- Build an environment that promotes consistent guest satisfaction.
- Refine and develop ways to improve upon Guest Registration operating procedures.
- Assist with and contribute to employee training programs such as the International Intern Program, Navigators, Trek, Leadership Training Program (LTP), and Focus, and work with the volunteer staff in the Guest Services Department.
- Review staffing hours and check for accuracy using computerized time clock system when needed.
- Complete appropriate paperwork (such as Personnel Action Forms, staff evaluations, and disciplinary actions) and communicate with Human Resources to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to operate common office equipment (copiers, printers, switchboard, business radio, etc.)
- Perform any other relevant and reasonable tasks as assigned
- One or more years of relevant college education or at least one year of relevant (e.g., Night Audit, Accounting and/or Hospitality) experience. Willing to train the right person in Night Audit responsibilities.
- Must have basic computer skills, and the ability to learn the YMCA property management software (Maestro).
- Ability to accurately communicate in verbal and written forms, including: accurate completion of emergency and incident reports, service logs, emails to management regarding concerns and significant events that occurred during the shift.
- Reliable attendance. This position is difficult to fill on short notice. The employee must have consistently good attendance and provide advanced notice as much as possible for time off. The employee must regularly arrive on time for their shift.
- Able to speak, understand and write English proficiently.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to stay alert while working an overnight shift from 10:30pm to 7am.
- Ability to climb stairs, kneel, stoop and bend.
- Ability to lift and move up to 30lbs to a height of up to 4 feet.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs