Relief Night Auditor - Seasonal, Part Time
Daily computation and validation of the revenue figures and statistics; also includes guest services and safety at the front desk and on the telephone.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Ability to operate Maestro Property Management System and associated credit card batching functionality
- Completing a daily audit that includes such things as counting operational cash, making the deposit, confirming the accuracy of checks that have been posted and running day end reports
- Operational knowledge of the two-way radios and the switchboard, including correct telephone etiquette and taking of guest and staff requests
- Monitor guest no-show, check-in, and checkout procedures including the proper handling of guest reservations and cancellations.
- Appropriate and timely handling of emergencies
- Produce necessary reports to support the front desk, conference and guest needs for the next day
- Operation of office and postage equipment
- Completing month-end and year-end audit reports
- Ability to consistently work the overnight shift at the front desk and to work independently
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies Safety Program. Promote a safe work environment for guests, members and staff.
- Needs to have excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Minimum of a two-year college degree or two years of experience in the business or resort hospitality field.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions, and the YMCA of the Rockies Mission and Policies.
- Be assigned to on-call schedule for problems, emergencies, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
UNIFORM: A staff vest or shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee from May to August and December to April. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. No open toed shoes. Long or knee length shorts in approved colors.
This is a part-time hourly position to cover 16 hours a week at $14.50/hr. Two days a week, Sunday and Monday is preferred, but negotiable.
Employee perks including:
- 1 meal per 5 hour or longer shift
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Access to Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS?Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.
2 years of accounting and hospitality management experience preferred.
Job Status: Part Time