Position Summary: Resident Assistants are responsible for following established methods and procedures to assist the Housing Coordinator in maintaining clean, safe and comfortable Staff Housing, taking required steps to prepare for incoming and outgoing staff, overseeing the cleanliness of staff rooms and common areas, collecting and distributing mail, keeping supply closets and common areas stocked with cleaning supplies and linens, providing local transportation to staff for doctor and store visits and other needs and otherwise assisting in the HR Office when needed. These duties also include: regular inspection of staff rooms, emptying trash and recycling materials, making sure restrooms are clean, reporting rule infractions, maintenance requests and safety concerns.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Maintain constant communication during your shift with the Housing Coordinator or HR Office via radio, phone and Trello (an interactive phone app for task management).
- Report any problems that you observe or hear about related to staff housing.
- Check-in residents upon arrival. Provide tour and review room condition and policies.
- Check-out residents at the time of their departure. Review room condition, ensure cleanliness, and complete Check-out Form.
- Pick Up and Sort staff mail and notify residents so they can pick it up.
- Make weekly cleaning assignments for staff residents, inspect and grade cleaning efforts and enforce compliance by applying penalties when appropriate.
- Regular, two to three times daily inspections (walkthroughs) of staff housing; ensuring that all areas are clean, stocked with necessary supplies and clear of obstructions.
- Report violations of rules including any situation which may jeopardize the safety of residents or threaten the security of personal or YMCA property
- Support residents total welfare. This may include assisting in mediating disputes between individuals and/or groups or responding to behavior that violates community standards
- Follow all Snow Mountain Ranch housing policies.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds up three flights of stairs at least five times a day.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Must be "on call" to HR director after hours as needed.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Possess staff housing pass key and use it only when appropriate, (i.e. lockouts, approved room inspections, room preparation, etc.)
- Inspect rooms for incoming employees to assure that rooms are clean, linens are provided, maintenance needs are taken care of and appropriate furniture is available.
- Use only approved chemicals for cleaning staff rooms.
- Perform basic maintenance duties within staff rooms and report all other maintenance needs to the B&G department in a timely manner.
- Communicate incoming staff names to roommates at least three days in advance (when possible).
- Obtain necessary cleaning supplies and equipment from the Housekeeping Department.
- Maintain appropriate supply of linens for incoming staff.
- Assist with tours for new employees.
- Move furniture and set up bunk beds using basic tools.
- Attend weekly Resident Assistant meetings.
- Provide name tags on all staff doors prior to a new employee’s arrival.
- Maintain well stocked, clean and orderly storage closets.
- Assist in planning and implementing staff activities.
- Assist year-round staff with room inspections.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a seasonal, $260 a week (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict, no tolerance policy against drug use (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. In addition, no alcohol or drugs are allowed on property.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.