Resident Assistant - Seasonal, Starting Nov 2018
The Resident Assistant is responsible for helping to provide and maintain housing and activities for staff.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Speak and write English fluently
- Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as dictated by supervisor or staff needs
- Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational skills
- Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
- Ability to handle unpleasant situations with professionalism and tact
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs. up and down stairs, walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs frequently and walk around staff housing regularly
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Familiarize new staff members with housing and Estes Park Center facilities. Facilitate staff introductions to help new employees feel welcome and comfortable
- Plan and implement activities to enhance the staff experience, as well as create monthly calendar of events and motivational/educational bulletin boards in staff housing
- Check staff in and out of rooms, assigns rooms and roommates, issues keys and opens doors for locked out residents, inspects empty rooms for damages and cleanliness
- Drive Human Resources vehicles as needed for staff activities, staff doctor appointments, etc. Clean and gas vehicles after activities, maintain fluid levels and coordinate other routine maintenance as needed
- Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members
- Enforce staff policies to maintain order with all age groups of staff
- Maintain communication with staff through meetings, announcements, notices, and newsletter articles
- Use cleaning supplies and chemical cleaners
- Maintain staff housing that is clean, safe, and pleasant & adds to a positive experience for staff. Responsible for cleaning hallways, central bathrooms and lobbies of staff housing
- Handle discipline of staff as needed with advisement of the Resident Coordinator or, in their absence, the Human Resource Director
- Reports hazards and necessary repairs to appropriate departments
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
All YMCA of the Rockies staff are required to adhere to the dress code as stated in the seasonal staff handbook. Working in a professional setting as a member of the Human Resources department, Resident Assistants are expected to portray a professional image at all times. While working in the office, you should be dressed appropriately in professional attire. This entails always wearing your ID and not wearing stretch pants, sweatpants, leggings, or any athletic apparel. As stated in the handbook, jeans and shorts are fine as long as they are in good condition (no holes or stains, not too short, etc.). You are not required to wear a staff shirt during off-grounds staff activities, but please dress appropriately for the activity.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $270/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com
Job Status: Seasonal