Resident Assistant - Seasonal
Position Available: Mid December at Snow Mountain Ranch
The Resident Assistant is responsible for serving our staff and developing relationships to show staff that we care about their experience at the YMCA of the Rockies.
* You will uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
* You also will be an ambassador of the YMCA Mission, policies, and programs.
* You need excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a harmonious, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working in a diverse environment.
* May have to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position.
* Background check standards.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Speak and write English fluently.
* Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as dictated by supervisor or staff needs.
* Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational and time management skills.
* Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
* Ability to handle unpleasant/unexpected situations with professionalism and tact.
* Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. up and down stairs, walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs frequently and walk around staff housing regularly.
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and follow YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Familiarize new staff members with housing and Estes Park Center facilities. Facilitate staff introductions to help new employees feel welcome and comfortable.
* Use your creativity to plan and implement activities to enhance the staff experience, as well as create monthly calendar of events and community building gatherings.
* Check staff in and out of rooms, assign rooms and roommates, issue keys and open doors for locked out residents, inspect empty rooms for damages and cleanliness.
* Drive Human Resources vehicles as needed for staff activities, staff doctor appointments, etc. Clean and gas vehicles after activities, maintain fluid levels and coordinate other routine maintenance as needed. Be prepared to drive in the mountains and various weather conditions.
* Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members.
* Enforce staff policies to maintain order with all age groups of staff and be a role model for others to follow.
* Maintain communication with staff through meetings, announcements, notices, and newsletter articles.
* Use cleaning supplies and chemical cleaners.
* Maintain staff housing that is clean, safe, and pleasant & adds to a positive experience for staff. Responsible for cleaning hallways, central bathrooms and lobbies of staff housing.
* Handle discipline of staff as needed with advisement of the Resident Coordinator or, in their absence, the Human Resource Director.
* Reports hazards and necessary repairs to appropriate departments.
* Possess computer skills and technology skills that allow you to work efficiently and effectively with the systems and processes used.
Note: All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
All YMCA of the Rockies staff are required to adhere to the dress code as stated in the seasonal staff handbook.
This is a seasonal position with a pay rate of $12.25/hour for on grounds (based on 40 hours/week) position including:
- Room & Board Agreements
- Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
- Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission and federal law, we have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. We practice random testing for all staff and volunteers. We also test if there's reasonable suspicion someone is using drugs or alcohol.
About the Y:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center (EPC) located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the (SMR) property.
The (EPC) is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!