Resident Housing Volunteer - Seasonal -Room and Board included
Position Summary: Assists the Housing Coordinator with on-grounds staff/volunteer housing. Oversees making sure housing is prepared for incoming staff/volunteers and checks staff/volunteers out at the end of employment. Monitors staff housing facilities and Resident Assistants to ensure cleaning common areas is implemented, cleaning supplies are available and that vacuums are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. Communicates with residents as required and helps provide Resident Assistant staff with on-grounds activities. Must be able drive company vehicles (requires an on grounds driving written and driving test. Helps oversee Resident Assistant (RA) staff schedules and to ensure that the RA office is kept in a clean and tidy condition. Requires excellent customer service skills. Three to four month minimum.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Follow all Snow Mountain Ranch housing policies.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Assist in planning and implementing Resident Assistant staff activities.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Possess staff housing pass key and use it only when appropriate, (i.e. lockouts, approved room inspections, room preparation, etc.)
- Oversee that all rooms for incoming employees/volunteers have been cleaned, linens are provided, maintenance needs are taken care of and appropriate furniture is available.
- May be asked to help check-in residents upon arrival and review room policies.
- Oversee check-out of residents at the time of their departure, review room condition and complete Check-out Form.
- Attend weekly Resident Assistant meetings.
- Maintain communication with the Housing Coordinator or HR Office. Report any problems that you observe or hear about related to staff housing.
- Report all housing maintenance needs to the Buildings &Grounds department in a timely manner.
- Provide name tags on all staff doors prior to a new employee’s arrival.
- Communicate incoming staff names to roommates at least three days in advance (when possible).
- Oversee the maintaining of clean and orderly storage closets.
- Oversee obtaining necessary cleaning supplies and equipment from the Housekeeping Department.
- Oversee appropriate supply of linens for incoming staff.
- May be asked to assist year-round staff and Resident Assistants with room inspections.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Volunteers are held accountable for all duties of this position.
This volunteer description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position. For any position a supervisor may assign other duties from time to time which are required to ensure efficient and timely completion of overall Snow Mountain Ranch goals. Teaming within and across departments is expected.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform shirts or vest will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and trousers. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
- Pinewood Lodge: A smaller dorm facility that can house up to 75 staff and is attached to our administration building. This is our 40+ housing, primarily serving our volunteer community. Rooms are doubles and can accommodate a couple. Each room has a full bathroom. There is a TV lounge with refrigerator and microwave. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
- Geronimo Campground: A campground with 26 sites ranging from 15-50 Amps. All sites have electric hook ups while others have additional water and/or sewer. Geronimo camp sites are open from mid-May to mid-September depending on the weather.
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ and provide volunteer positions for people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS?Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer