Resident Life Manager - SMR
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. The Resident Life Manager is responsible for managing staff housing, the staff experience team, staff activities/trips, mailroom and resident life volunteers.
Our Mission and Culture:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Oversee management of staff housing, common areas and staff campground
- Assure the routine maintenance and cleanliness of all staff housing
- Manage staff furniture inventory and staff housing repairs
- Supervise Conference Service’s Housekeeping staff for staff housing
- Coordinate and assign housing to seasonal staff and volunteers
- Enforce policies to maintain order in staff housing/campground through mediation with all age groups.
- Able to take disciplinary actions with staff when necessary and document
- Report and document any alcohol or drug related incidents to the Human Resources Director immediately
- Manage and assure completion of orientation/training for new staff arrivals
- Prepare seasonal welcome paks for staff arrivals
- Communicate via zoom meetings/emails with incoming staff
- Hire/manage/supervise Staff Experience Team and volunteers
- Oversee planning and executing staff activities and staff trips
- Oversee management of HR van fleet maintenance, cleanliness, winterization
- Keep first aid supplies on hand and first aid kits supplied for HR office and vans
- Oversee management of mailroom and mail/package pick-ups and bank deposits
- Hire/supervise mailroom volunteers
- Oversee/manage master resident life activity calendar
- Serve on Safety Committee and manage Quarterly HR Safety Audits
- Purchase and management of recreational passes
- Track and recognize (Pin Ceremony) YMCA staff and volunteers’ years of service
- Must live in on grounds staff housing
- Work varied hours with interruption and be on call for emergencies
- All other duties as assigned
- Have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters
- College degree and one-year supervisory experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration preferred or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years office experience or formal HR training required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills coupled with outstanding telephone etiquette
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to operate office equipment: computer, telephone, copier, scanner, fax machine, etc.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak and write English fluently
- Bilingual ability preferred
- Excellent keyboard, data entry and organizational skills
- Ability to comfortably speak in front of groups of up to 150 people
- Ability to train Staff Experience Team and volunteers in Human Resource related matters
- Maintain a professional and unbiased relationship with all staff members
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $18.50-20.00/hr BOE with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance (shared premium)
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.