Risk Management - Volunteer
YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center & Snow Mountain Ranch
Job Title: Risk Management Volunteer Status: Non exempt
Employee Classification: Volunteer
Reports to: Association Risk Manager Revision Date: February, 11th , 2019 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
Responsible for assisting the YMCA of the Rockies’ mission-based Risk Management program.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
* Possess basic knowledge and use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Have experience with onsite safety and health audits.
* Be able to successfully integrate and customize OSHA written plans to our operation.
* Be able to work inside and outside.
* Be self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complicated, challenging environment.
* Be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
* Be an outwardly enthusiastic and caring person who demonstrates a sincere appreciation of others.
* Possess a high level of interpersonal communication skills.
* Conduct wall to wall inspections of departments to discover safety hazards.
* Perform job hazard analysis in various departments.
* Be comfortable in a busy mountain town during the height of tourist season.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Be willing to share technical guidance and other information.
* Execute assigned projects in a timely manner and express creativity to pitch new ideas to the team.
* Embracing the Mission of the YMCA of the Rockies and using that mission as a lens through which all work is viewed.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer