Job Title: Hybrid Rock Climbing Instructor Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: 06/2021
Reports to: Outdoor and Adventure Education Director Sami Wolniakowski
Under the direction of the Outdoor Adventure Director, the Hybrid Rock Climbing Instructor will part time teach rock climbing on our indoor wall, low ropes courses, and be a hiking desk attendant. Then for the rest of the week will work with the housekeeping staff to work on lodge rooms and cabins. This position is great for someone new and interested in getting experience in the outdoor adventure field.
Required Position Start Date: August 8, 2021
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Participate in Rock Climbing Training and Housekeeping Training.
* Facilitate 1 hour climbing wall sessions for families and outdoor education groups.
* Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues.
* Communicate with all guests in a mature, responsible fashion.
* Assist in program development and advancement.
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
* Work in Housekeeping department.
ESTES PARK CENTER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
* Facilitate indoor and outdoor climbing wall.
* Run Mountain Center front desk. Use computer system to assist guests in signing up for activities, check out equipment, check participant rosters, and provide general program information.
* Housekeeping as assigned.
* High School Degree
* Experience working with Children is required
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Must be fluent in speaking English
* Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification (we will provide it upon arrival if not)
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned, such as housekeeping
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to belay for 8 hours.
* Must be able to walk up to 5 miles.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.