Senior Executive Chef - Year-Round
Job Title: Sr. Executive Chef - EPC Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round Revision Date: 11/2018
Reports to Assn Food Service Director
Leadership Level: Team Leader
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 annually. The Sr. Executive Chef reports to the Assn Food Service Director. The Sr. Executive Chef is responsible for the daily management of all kitchen, front of House and back of house food service operations. This includes but not limited to, menu planning, ordering, food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, dining room management, dish room, catering & special events, and guest satisfaction. The Sr. Executive Chef is also responsible for compliance with federal, state and county health regulations.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Be fluent in written and oral English.
* Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
* Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
* This position will be the Manager of Duty when the Food Service operation opens at 6am.
* Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36-inch high tables.
* Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein
* Culinary required, plus minimum 5 years’ experience in a la carte or buffet dining presentations and volume food or institutional food service operations.
* ServSafe Certification.
* Ensure clean FS facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA
* Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 8,000 meals per day during peak seasons
* Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Association Food Service Director.
* Menu planning and development of new and creative menu concepts.
* Operate within developed Food and Labor Budgets.
* Effectively coordinate with the Executive Chef 1 and Dining Room Managers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
* Train, develop, and supervise direct report employees to ensure maximum productivity.
* Monitor scheduling and training for both front of house and back of house Food Service personnel.
* Set performance and accountability standards for direct report employees.
* Prepare and maintain all Food Service areas to ensure the best utilization of the facilities and staff.
* Support and contribute to employee training programs.
* Operational knowledge of a wide variety of F.S. equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, tilt skillet, etc.
* All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Working in a kitchen environment
* Standing for long periods of time
* Working outside in all weather
* Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
* Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling and bending
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Full Time