Position Summary: Key leader within 20 to 75-person Department. This position will act as a supervisor within the Housekeeping Department. Senior Crew Leader will also head up crews of approximately four lodging staff to have assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned and inspected by check-in time and meet the expectations of the Housekeeping Manager. In addition to supervising, their assigned crew, the Senior Leader will assist in quality assurance checks of seasonal crew teams.
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. The Lodging & Event Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading small teams in the management of lodge and cabin cleanliness as well as event (weddings, concerts, meetings) set-up.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, and effective to lead others and to develop subordinates.
- Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail, accuracy and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and training skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work variable shifts that include weekends, holidays, and nights. This may be five 8-hour shifts or four 10-hour shifts per week. Weekly schedules will vary depending on the time of year and work load.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed and motivated.
- A quick learner able to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to access and move through all YMCA facilities. This will include walking up and down stairs and getting into and out of vehicles freely.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lb. repeatedly within a day.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Possess a valid, USA driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds and
- Ability to exemplify qualities of patience, kindness, integrity, accountability, teamwork and professionalism.
- Possess high energy for full schedule. Ability to work at nearly 9000-foot elevation with basic physical fitness and ability to work in varying/extreme weather conditions.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support and uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission Statement, policies and programs and reflect YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Supervise, train, assign duties to and work alongside of staff within Housekeeping Department.
- Supervise flow of work on crews to complete changeovers and maid services in an acceptable and timely manner.
- Clean cabins, lodge rooms, lobbies and public areas.
- Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
- Assure the storeroom is cleaned/stocked with chemicals and the vans are cleaned out at the end of each day
- Assist commercial laundry attendants with the folding of linens.
- Assist in the supervision of Housekeeping staff while in the Commercial Laundry
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Possess supervisory skills.
- Work a flexible schedule based on guest occupancy demands. This will include weekends and holidays as needed.
- Work with various types of cleaning chemicals.
- Basic mechanical skills valued, but not mandatory. Leadership by personal example is a must.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Assist with occasional room setups and flips.
- All other duties as assigned.
- By completion of the third week of employment and familiarization training:
- Regularly demonstrate sound leadership skills, enthusiasm towards work assignments, and desire to train and lead new employees from diverse backgrounds. Lead by example.
- By completion of the sixth week of employment and familiarization training:
- Lead 3-25 person teams in the cleaning and preparation of three guest lodges and 60 guest cabins. Manage and distribute labor force in an effective manner.
- Demonstrate sound inspection skills and ability to clean and organize rooms, cabins, and public spaces to organizational standards.
- Lead 1-5 person team in managing professional laundry operations.
- Sort dirty laundry, wash and dry laundry, and fold and stock laundry in accordance with organizational requirements and OSHA regulations.
- Change equipment filters, identify broken equipment, and place work orders in accordance with organizational requirements.
- Lead 1-5 person team in setting up meeting rooms, basic video projectors, basic audio equipment, and ensuring all meeting spaces are clean and professionally set up for guest use.
- Routinely lift and move 40 pound linen bags and 40 pound audio / visual equipment pieces. Lift, move, and set up chairs, tables, and stage pieces throughout the workday.
- Walk hallways and climb stairs with standard equipment throughout the workday.
- Print out and interpret computer reports, prioritize work projects for the day, and ensure job completion and data entry is accurate for all work assigned.
- Move supplies from warehouse into vehicles and / or buildings and ensure inventories are accurate.
- Upon completion of training, set up and operate carpet van and / or department’s carpet machines using manufacturer’s directions.
- Demonstrate ability to make sound decisions under time constraints, increased pressure, and evolving priorities.
- Keep subordinates and self safe by adhering to YMCA and OSHA safety regulations and identifying and mitigating unsafe situations.
- Communicate effectively with other department s to ensure daily work is completed accurately and in a timely fashion. English is the required language for written and verbal communication.
- By completion of four months of employment and familiarization training:
- Shift Boss Responsibilities: Oversee daily assignment of personnel and work requirements without supervision in the absence of the Director or Assistant Director - normally 1-2 days per week.
- If assigned, serve as assistant for Timeclock management of subordinates. Enter, validate, and correct timeclock data. Communicate challenges to Human Resources Department.
- If assigned, complete various duties associated with warehouse management and ordering of supplies in accordance with vendor and YMCA requirements.
- If assigned, prepare accurate work forecasts using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Report Manager, and hotel-specific software (or similar software).
- If assigned, prepare weekly schedules with adequate coverage to meet workloads.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. Within 90 days of employment complete trailer / towing certification (training provided) - our staff drive small trailers around the property to aid in deliveries.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
This is a full time, $15.00 hourly BOE (based on 40 hours/week) position, with employee perks including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work both inside and outside in cold weather at high altitude (9,000 feet elevation) where breathing is often found to be slightly more challenging.
- Stooping, kneeling, lifting, and bending are regular activities for all Lodging & Event Operations positions.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.