Position Summary: Key leader within 20 to 75-person Department. This position will act as a supervisor within the Housekeeping Department. Senior Crew Leader will also head up crews of approximately four lodging staff to have assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned and inspected by check-in time and meet the expectations of the Housekeeping Manager. In addition to supervising their assigned crew, the Senior Crew Leader will assist in quality assurance checks of seasonal crew teams and assist in laundry operations as needed.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, and effective to lead others and to develop subordinates’ skills.
- Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail, accuracy and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and training skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work variable shifts that include weekends, holidays, and nights; most shifts will be scheduled between the hours of 8a-5pm. This will be five 8-hour shifts per week. Weekly schedules will vary depending on the time of year and work load.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed and motivated.
- A quick learner able to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to access and move through all YMCA facilities. This will include walking up and down stairs and getting into and out of vehicles frequently.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lb. repeatedly within a day.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
- Possess a valid, USA driver’s license, good driving record and be able to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds and
- Ability to exemplify qualities of patience, kindness, integrity, accountability, teamwork and professionalism.
- Possess high energy for full schedule. Ability to work at nearly 9000-foot elevation with basic physical fitness and ability to work in varying/extreme weather conditions.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support and uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission Statement, policies and programs and reflect YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Supervise, train, assign duties to and work alongside of staff within Housekeeping Department.
- Supervise flow of work on crews to complete changeovers and maid services in an acceptable and timely manner.
- Clean cabins, lodge rooms, lobbies and public areas.
- Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
- Assure the storeroom is cleaned/stocked with chemicals and the vans are cleaned out at the end of each day
- Assist with operation of heavy-duty laundry equipment and to follow all operational and safety procedures. Equipment includes computerized washers and dryers.
- Able to handle chemicals used in Housekeeping Dept. when needed.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing laundry workload to assure a continual supply of clean linens.
- Assist commercial laundry attendants with the folding of linens.
- Assist in the supervision of Lodging and operations staff while in the Commercial Laundry
- Assist guests with linen exchange.
- Possess supervisory skills.
- Work with various types of cleaning chemicals.
- Basic mechanical skills valued, but not mandatory. Leadership by personal example is a must.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $15/hr BOE and full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance (shared premium)
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, library, and an art center
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy) and various local restaurants
- Onsite housing negotiable
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.