Senior Service Desk Technician
- Coordinate technology priorities and work with IT Director including strategic initiatives, hardware, maintenance, support, training for users, repairs and budgeting.
- Answer the help-desk phone, respond to help-desk tickets, and prioritize the triage and response to new and ongoing support requests to support day-to-day operations.
- Upkeep of documentation and inventory reports, as well as actively watching network monitoring systems and automated alert distribution lists for issues, and responding appropriately.
- Work with the IT Director and the Association’s Technology Steering Committee to develop strategies and help with the implementation of new projects and policies to improve the Association’s IT landscape and maximize its mission impact.
- Direct, manage and maintain computer software and hardware and provide access to staff as security and roles dictate in accordance with the Association’s overall technology strategy.
- Communicate with the General Manager(s) and Department Heads as needed on the current Systems and Telephone maintenance needs and priorities.
- Responsible for network installation and administration in consultation with the IT Director
- Understand and prioritize the needs of the organization in order to generate the vital information needed for critical management decisions.
- Able to communicate effectively with users of technology.
- Assist in maintaining the Association’s Automated Attendant Telephone system, telephone infrastructure including POTS, Digital, Avaya phone switch and the related pedestals/wiring.
- Keep systems current and running at peak performance with minimal down time.
- Help oversee the Technology Systems across the association including the Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch and Executive Office.
- Actively manage a Windows environment including Windows 10, Server 2016/2019/2022, Active Directory and Office 365.
- Supervise, train and work with the IT trainee(s) and volunteer(s) within the department.
- Recommend changes that could improve the professionalism and efficiency of IT resources.
- Train employees across the Association in consultation with the IT Director.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement Association software and hardware purchases.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years’ experience in maintaining Information Systems or industry certification with one-year experience.
- Ability to make independent decisions, set priorities, and work without supervision.
- A working knowledge of Cambium Canopy, Ruckus and Ubiquiti is desirable.
- Experience with Hospitality Management System, Microsoft 365, and CRM systems highly desired
- Must be available on-call for after-hours IT emergencies and planned system upgrades; including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb a ladder and work in tight spaces.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs