We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Serve as coordinator for weddings and special events as needed.
- Ensure clean food service facilities and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USFDA and YMCA
- Liaison between various departments needed to implement weddings and special events
- Manage every detail of events including set ups and working closely with banquet captain to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Order food, supplies and equipment necessary for the food service operation in coordination with the Executive Chef.
- Sous Chef will possess skills to cover all front and back of house operations in the absence of Executive Chef
- Manage cooks and ensure they are meeting expectations
- Effectively coordinate with the Executive Chef to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and seamless cooperation between front of house and back of house operations.
- Work holidays, weekends, and morning or evening shifts.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Culinary degree preferred, plus minimum one year of’ experience in a la carte or buffet dining presentations and volume food or institutional food service operations.
- Have basic computer skills and develop knowledge of property management software.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, and acceptable driving record
- ServSafe Certification
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Be fluent in written and oral English. Bi-lingual is preferred
- Able to work eight-hour shifts on concrete floors and lift 40 pounds up to 36-inch high tables
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional appearance and presentation.
- Proven record of sound managerial and organizational skills to plan and serve up to 8,000 meals per day during peak seasons
- Menu planning and development of new and creative menu concepts.
- Operate within developed Food and Labor Budgets
- Train, develop, supervise and evaluate employees to ensure maximum productivity is attained, morale is at a high level and excellent customer service is delivered. Monitor scheduling and training for Food Service personnel. Set performance and accountability standards.
- Support and contribute to employee training programs.
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of food service equipment, including, but not limited to, dish machine, broiler, steamer, ovens, slicer, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs