Staff Activities Facilitator and Housekeeper Hybrid
POSITION SUMMARY: The Housekeeper is responsible for having assigned cabins and lodge rooms cleaned by check-in time and to meet the expectations of the supervisors and guests. The Staff Activities Facilitator will develop a fun and welcoming environment for all staff. They will lead clubs, plan, promote, and organize events and activities for staff.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Clean Cabins and lodge rooms
- Clean lobbies and public areas
- Efficiently clean guest accommodations including the following tasks: clean fireplaces, vacuum, and dust, strip linens and make beds, wash windows, clean toilets, sinks and showers, empty trash, mop and sweep floors, and clean ovens, etc.
- Must be able to take direction and work independently
- Plans, leads, and executes staff events and activities; these events can range from cultural celebrations, volunteer opportunities, and game nights
- Host club meetings for various interest groups such as Arts and Culture, Sports, etc.
- Promote staff activities and events to staff via flyers, activity guides, word of mouth, and GroupMe
- Possess enthusiasm to serve staff and develop positive relationships
- Work varied hours including holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Operate professionally under high-stress situations
- All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
- Possess a valid USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Be comfortable speaking and presenting in groups of up to 200 people
- Ability to fluently speak, write, and read in English
- Possess First and CPR Certification or willing to obtain
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Bilingual preferred
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Able to work well with frequent interruptions in a busy office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually fairly high.
- Ability to climb stairs and frequently get up and down from the desk.