Staff Experience Coordinator - Year Round
The Staff Experience Coordinator is responsible for working along with the Staff Experience Housing Coordinator to ensure that our employee and volunteer opportunities are unparalleled.
We will provide staff and volunteers a staff-centric experience from before they arrive until their departure and deliver the desired result to staff and volunteers whenever feasibly possible. We will offer a wide variety of out-of-the-box activities that appeal to all ages. Creating a welcoming office environment where staff and volunteers can go for answers, support, and friendship.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Create and maintain and continually assess a welcoming, supportive staff-centric environment where staff and volunteers feel engaged in a community and know that the intent is to deliver the desired result to staff and volunteers whenever feasible.
- Creative, self-motivated, resourceful, and a team player.
- Work closely with the Staff Housing Coordinator to ensure the staff experience is seamless and enjoyable from arrival to departure.
- Interview, hire, train, and evaluate up to 12 seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Continually create, plan, and ensure the execution of a wide variety of out-of-the-box activities, cultural events, YMCA sports leagues, and other opportunities for our staff and volunteers from young adults to seniors. To include both on and off-site options.
- Create relationships with local community leaders and businesses to allow for enhanced local options for our staff, including discounts, concerts, etc.
- Oversee the arrival process for incoming staff including pre-arrival communication, meetings, and a structured, knowledgeable, and enjoyable check-in upon arrival.
- Work with the Internal Communications Manager to evaluate methods, brand compliance, structure, appeal, and professionalism in all communications.
- Oversee the Fingerprinting process for staff and the general public.
- Involvement in the oversight and creation of budget including purchasing and reconciliation.
- Ensure timely response to all staff and volunteer needs.
- Work in Human Resources software to maintain accurate information.
- Work varied hours, including weekends and rotating on-call to respond to after-hours emergencies.
- Create and maintain professional and unbiased relationships with staff and volunteers offering support and guidance at all times.
- Have good public relations and judgment skills.
- Have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
- Work with the HR Team to assist in handling delicate or unpleasant situations and do so with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Report any violations of policies or illegal activities to the Assistant HR Director for follow-up.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Be comfortable speaking and presenting in groups of up to 200
- Able to work in a busy, at times high-stress office environment with frequent interruptions
- Bilingual preferred
- Very good organizational skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work independently and take initiative
- Operate in a supportive and professional manner at all times
- Ability to fluently speak, write, and read English
- Be comfortable with technology and administrative duties
- Willingness to assist in other areas if necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Operate professionally under high-stress situations
- Sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and move around during shift
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.