Staff Experience Housing Facilitator
The Staff Experience Housing Facilitator will work as part of a team to provide and enhance the seasonal staff and volunteer experience by ensuring a welcoming and enjoyable housing experience from arrival to departure. This includes creating relationships with staff and volunteers while providing welcoming, clean, and safe housing and focusing on delivering the desired result whenever feasibly possible. Staff housing facilitators will have a private room and will work based out of staff housing providing presence, and the opportunity for relationship building at all times.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Desire to work with, support, and assist a very diverse staff and volunteers of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members.
- Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
- Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as required by supervisor or staff needs
- Handle all situations with professionalism and tact.
- Provide a positive and supportive check-in and out experience for arriving staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for cleaning hallways, central bathrooms, and lobbies of staff housing.
- Work in Human Resource software as needed.
- Ensure timely response to staff and volunteers concerning any needs.
- Prepare rooms for arriving staff and inspect rooms after staff departs.
- Assist in maintaining the grounds around staff housing, including trash and snow removal as needed.
- Perform light repairs (light bulb changes, toilet seat replacement, paint touch-up, etc.) assigned by the Staff Experience Housing Coordinator and report larger repair needs and hazards to appropriate departments.
- Willingness to assist Staff Experience Housing Coordinator with after-hours issues if the need arises.
- Report any violations of policies or illegal activities to the Assistant HR Director for follow-up.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and follow YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- A positive, responsive, and supportive staff-centric attitude
- Bilingual preferred
- Housing facilitators will have a private room with a bathroom.
- Possess computer skills and technical skills that allow you to work efficiently and effectively with the systems and processes used.
- Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Support the Estes Park Center by assisting in other departments when needed based on business needs.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Bilingual preferred
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather, including shoveling snow.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. up and downstairs, walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs
frequently and walk around staff housing regularly.
- Short bursts of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods, etc.
- Use cleaning supplies and chemical cleaners.
- Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Opportunity to make lifelong friendships with staff and volunteers from all over the world
- Breathtaking views
- Private room with private bath and double bed.
- Work out of staff housing.
- YMCA issued laptop to use for work purposes.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.