Job Title: Staff Experience Team Driver Volunteer Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Volunteer
Association Volunteer and Intern Manager(Snow Mountain Ranch) OR Association Staff Experience Manager(Estes Park)
The Staff Experience Team organizes many staff trips for employees who are interested in museums, sporting events, shopping, local attractions, etc. This driver is responsible for the safe transport of staff on these trips, as well other transportation needs of staff including but not limited to trips to medical appointments and arrival/departure stations. Other driving errands may be assigned from time to time.
Do you possess a servant’s heart that is focused on the needs of others?
Do you possess compassion for all people and desire to foster a strong community?
Do you possess a healthy self-awareness of your strengths, weaknesses, values, emotions and feelings and are able to set aside your personal biases?
If you answer yes to all of the above then you are someone we’d love to have as one of our servant heart volunteers.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
* Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Maintain strict HR confidentiality.
* Assist in planning and implementing staff activities, including driving staff trips.
* Maintain daily communication with the Association Staff Experience Team Manager or Association Volunteer and Intern Manager.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Lift and carry 40 pounds up three flights of stairs at least five times a day.
* Drive on mountain roads in winter conditions for hours at a time.
* Assist with tours for new employees.
* Collect mail from post office and deliver staff mail to on campus mailboxes(Snow Mountain Ranch only).
* 6 week minimum in this position
* As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season. Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April. Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
This volunteer description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this position. For any position a supervisor may assign other duties from time to time which are required to ensure efficient and timely completion of overall YMCA of the Rockies’ goals. Teaming within and across departments is expected.