Job Title: Staff Experience Team Member Status: Non-exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Revision Date: December 2020
Reports to: Association Staff Experience Manager
The Staff Experience Team Member is responsible for serving our staff and volunteers by developing relationships with them, enhancing their experience and helping staff wholeheartedly engage in the mission of the YMCA of the Rockies. The Staff Experience and Engagement Facilitator provides support to staff so they know they are cared for and connects staff to opportunities to build a healthy spirit, mind and body.
Position Available: Immediate hire at Estes Park Center
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Speak and write English fluently.
* Work varied hours and handle frequent interruptions as dictated by supervisor or staff needs.
* Work responsibly without direct supervision and have strong organizational and time management skills.
* Possess an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
* Ability to handle unpleasant/unexpected situations with professionalism and tact.
* Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and follow YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Familiarize new staff members with housing and YMCA of the Rockies facilities. Facilitate staff introductions to help new employees feel welcome and comfortable.
* Use your creativity to plan and implement activities to enhance the staff experience.
* Drive Human Resources vehicles as needed for staff activities, staff doctor appointments, etc. Clean and gas vehicles after activities, maintain fluid levels and coordinate other routine maintenance as needed. Be prepared to drive in the mountains and various weather conditions.
* Maintain professional and unbiased relationships with all staff members.
* Enforce staff policies to maintain order with all age groups of staff and be a role model for others to follow.
* Maintain communication with staff through meetings, announcements, notices, and newsletter articles.
* Maintain staff housing that is clean, safe, and pleasant & adds to a positive experience for staff. Responsible for cleaning hallways, central bathrooms and lobbies of staff housing. Help prepare rooms for arriving staff and inspect rooms after staff depart
* Handle discipline of staff as needed with advisement of the Resident Coordinator or, in their absence, the Human Resource Director.
* Reports hazards and necessary repairs to appropriate departments.
* Possess computer skills and technology skills that allow you to work efficiently and effectively with the systems and processes used.
* Support the Human Resources Team by meeting the office, hiring and staff support needs.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMNTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Able to work outdoors in all weather, including shoveling snow.
* Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. up and down stairs, walk or run over uneven terrain, climb stairs
frequently and walk around staff housing regularly.
* Short bursts of stooping, kneeling, bending, standing for long periods of time, etc.
* Use cleaning supplies and chemical cleaners.
* Prolonged periods at a computer and on the phone.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.52/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available:
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
* Discounts at local merchants
* Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
* Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.