YMCA of the Rockies - Estes Park Center
Staff Housing Cleaning Crew Member
Job Title: Staff Housing Cleaning Crew Member Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal Reports to: Resident Coordinator
The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world.
At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of
staff work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience. We strive to serve the staff
who serve the guests with the same level of attentiveness and care.
The housekeeper and grounds attendant for staff housing is responsible for providing cleaning and maintaining cleanliness in the common areas of buildings, on the grounds outside the buildings and in rooms as assigned for staff arriving and/or checking out.
Position Available: Summer 2020 (Starting in May)
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* Clean shared bathrooms and/or shower rooms.
* Clean lobbies, hallways and stair wells use.
* Work on a crew with 3-5 co-workers.
* Efficiently clean staff housing common areas including the following tasks: vacuum all floors, dust furniture, wash windows, clean toilets, clean sinks, clean showers, exchange shower curtains, mop bathroom floors, empty trash, clean fridges, clean microwaves, vacuum/clean out couch cushions, wipe down surfaces, remove any personal items left, wipe down walls, clean out light fixtures and any other cleaning duties assigned.
* Work with various types of cleaning chemicals.
* Collect linens from check outs and/or prepare beds for new arrivals.
* Supply and Linen delivery to staff.
* Transport linens and supplies to housekeeping office.
* Clean indoor and outdoor entryways
* Refill, fix and replace cleaning supplies and equipment.
* Follow safe practices while handling chemicals, biohazards and machinery.
* Physical effort required for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills.
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Possess a valid driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules.
Other Functions / Requirements:
* Ensure all Staff Housing Cleaning and Supply closets and vehicles are cleaned before leaving at the end of the day.
* Assist with Housekeeping
* All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.