Staff Housing Manager
The Staff Housing Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a welcoming atmosphere within the housing facilities including ensuring the ongoing cleanliness of common spaces as well as oversight of preparing and inspecting rooms for incoming staff and volunteers.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and each other.
- Work closely with the Staff Experience Team to ensure the staff housing and activities experience is seamless and enjoyable from arrival to departure.
- Interview, hire, train, and evaluate up to 4 seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Create and maintain a housing arrival process to include cleanliness of rooms and a feeling of welcome and comfort for all staff and volunteers.
- Oversee the check-out process for staff and volunteers ensuring rooms are left in good condition. Assess, and report any damages.
- Assist with repair and replacement of small general maintenance needs, including but not limited to light bulbs, toilets seats, and touch-up paint.
- Work directly with Buildings & Grounds for any major repairs.
- Involvement in the oversight and creation of budget including purchasing and reconciliation.
- Work remotely out of staff housing locations to provide personal assistance and the opportunity for relationship building.
- Ensure timely response to staff and volunteer needs.
- Assign and track housing in software before arrival.
- Oversee roommate requests, room move requests, and other housing-related needs with a focus on delivering the desired result to staff and volunteers whenever feasibly possible.
- Work in Human Resources software to maintain accurate information.
- Deliver housing reports as needed.
- Work varied hours, including weekends and rotating on-call to respond to after-hours emergencies.
- Create and maintain professional and unbiased relationships with staff and volunteers offering support and guidance at all times.
- Have good public relations skills, and judgment skills, and work well under pressure.
- Have an unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning Human Resources matters.
- Creative, self-motivated, resourceful, and a team player.
- Work with the HR Team to handle delicate or unpleasant situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write English.
- Work responsibly without direct supervision to see that rules and activities are handled correctly, according to Association policies.
- Report any violations of policies or illegal activities to the Assistant HR Director for follow-up.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Be comfortable speaking and presenting in groups of up to 200
- An unwavering ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning all Human Resources and YMCA of the Rockies sensitive information
- Operate in a supportive and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work a flexible and at times unexpected schedule including on-call
- Willingness to be on call if needed
- Bilingual preferred
- Very good organizational skills and complete tasks on a timely and efficient basis.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate
- Quick learner and be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Work independently and take initiative
- Ability to fluently speak, write, and read English
- Be comfortable with computer use and administrative duties
- Willingness to clean and
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- All other duties as assigned
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Operate professionally under high-stress situations
- Sit and stand, get up and down frequently, and move around during shift
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Participation in YMCA Retirement Fund (an additional 12% contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment)
- Employer owned rental housing may be available nearby - Contact Human Resources for more information
- YMCA of the Rockies membership
- Discounted childcare, summer day camp, and summer overnight camp
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges for friends & family
- Ski and golf passes to nearby resorts & courses
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- View all YMCA of the Rockies employee perks by visiting https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/year-round-jobs
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time