Stock Room Supervisor
The Stock Room Supervisor is responsible for purchasing & receiving, as well as stocking, organizing, cleaning, and general maintenance of the dry storage area, all coolers, and all freezers in the EPC kitchen. You must be a self-starter and be willing to learn amongst a team of Food Service Professionals. Your hours will be determined by the size of load that is received based on seasonal production, and your schedule will coincide with the deliveries, and the time it takes to successfully put stock away. You must constantly rotate the stock to deliver Food Service locations with an organized process that incoming seasonal staff members can adapt to quickly and efficiently. You must assist the kitchen in prepping items for meals, cleaning, and deep cleaning of equipment. You will perform numerous tasks including set-up for events and catering functions, and all other duties requested by the Foodservice Director. Preferably looking for applicants to start on May 1, 2018.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Possess excellent time management skills and computer skills
- Follow and give written and oral instructions in English
- Maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance and wear clothing deemed appropriate by the Food Service Director
- Work Holidays, Sundays and different shifts as needed
- Work 8-hour shifts on concrete floors, lift 40-100 pounds 36 inches off the floor and walk up/down stairs
- Maintain and rotate stock in all freezers, coolers, and dry storage areas
- Ensure quality service and product to guests in all areas of responsibility
- Maintain high standards in the Food Service locations and uphold standards written by the State of Colorado Dept. of Health, OSHA, and YMCA Safety Program
- Complete cleaning duties when they are required, including but not limited to sweeping/mopping coolers and assistance in the Dish Room and Dining Room
- Operate daily kitchen equipment including: fryer, stovetop, kettles, grill, oven, soft serve ice cream machine, etc.
- Operate and show personal responsibility with sharp objects
- Label and date all used products to display product freshness. Eliminate all unwanted and past date items in the food cooler with instruction from Chef.
- FIFO all product and assist Chef with general meat pull and freezer pull, while maintaining kitchen guidelines for storage of raw meat and ready to eat food
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times
- Assist preparation of sack lunches, refreshment orders and continental breakfasts
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of cookouts during the summer months
- Follow up and communicate all completed projects/needs with the Department supervisor
- Assist Chef/ Food Service Director with ordering food products, including using Shamrock online ordering system
- Assist with maintaining Food Service vehicles, including scheduling routine maintenance safety issues and cleanliness
Other Functions / Requirements:
- All other duties as assigned
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly paying $13-14/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- You must always present your nametag on your uniform
- You are required to wear nonslip, oil & water resistant footwear with full support and clothing that protects your body from icy air, from heavy materials, and from standing water
- The YMCA will provide you with insulated gloves, as well as short and long sleeve uniform shirts. No T-Shirts are accepted, business/work shirt and clean attire is required at all times
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stock Room Supervisor
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time