Switchboard Operator - Part-Time
YMCA of the Rockies - EPC
Job Title: Switchboard Operator Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Reports to: Guest Registration Manager Revision Date: February 2013
Please note that this position does not include room and board - it is an off-grounds position
The Switchboard Operator receives calls via telephone and two-way radio, answering general questions and routing calls to appropriate departments, as well as handles emergency and safety calls.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
1. Must communicate clearly orally and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading English.
2. Desire to be helpful and serve guests and staff.
3. Must be highly organized and able to multitask and handle information, including sequencing of telephone calls.
4. Must be able to use PBX telephone system to answer and direct calls to appropriate departments.
5. Answer a variety of general questions pertaining to YMCA of the Rockies and surrounding communities.
6. Must be able to use office and radio equipment.
7. Ability to succinctly handle periodic, intense and stressful situations with ease and professionalism.
8. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
9. Handle emergency calls and communicate with emergency services and on-grounds first responders.
10. Memorize and understand all emergency procedures.
11. Develop a good general knowledge of facilities and departments.
Other Functions / Requirements:
1. Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
2. Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies and programs.
3. Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions.
4. Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
5. Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
6. Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
7. Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
8. All other duties as assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.
Job Status: Part Time