Position Summary: Participate as an integral member of the trail construction and maintenance crew.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Ability to complete up to 8 hours of physical trail work in a day.
- Be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in all environments including outdoors in potentially cold and snowy weather.
- Willingness to work as an attendant for recreation facilities or programs including Kiva, mini-golf course, mountain bike rental, program building, tubing hill, climbing wall, etc. on as needed basis
- Be able to know trail hand work tools and efficiently use them.
- Be willing to be trained on power tools and power equipment..
- Know and understand the basic IMBA trail building standards for sustainable trail systems.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Participate daily in a physical 8 hour trail work day.
- In addition to working on trails, crew members may be required to work in the Kiva as a rec attendant, tubing hill or other areas in programs as needed.
- Work as a team member and strive for a safe work environment.
- ?All other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
UNIFORM: A staff vest or shirts with the YMCA of the Rockies logo will be issued to each seasonal employee from May to August and December to April. You will be required to wear this uniform while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Work boots or hiking boots recommended. No open toed shoes. Long work pants/jeans. No shorts.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $250/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Access to Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email email@example.com.