Job Title: Trail Construction Crew - SMR
Employee Classification: Seasonal
Revision Date: March 2021
Reports to: Program Director
Participate as an integral member of the trail construction and maintenance crew.
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
* Ability to complete up to 8-10 hours of physical trail work in a day.
* Be able to lift up to 75lbs.
* Ability to work in all environments including outdoors in potentially cold and snowy weather.
* Willingness to work as an attendant for recreation facilities or programs including Kiva, mini-golf course, mountain bike rental, program building, tubing hill, climbing wall, etc. on as needed basis
* Be able to know trail hand work tools and efficiently use them.
* Be Willing to be trained on power tools and power equipment.
* Know and understand the basic IMBA trail building standards for sustainable trail systems.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* Participate daily in a physical 8-10 hour trail work day.
* In addition to working on trails, crew members may be required to work in the Kiva as a rec attendant, tubing hill or other areas in programs as needed. \
* Work as a team member and strive for a safe work environment.
* Promote a cooperative positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
* All other duties as assigned.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What we offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.57/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.