Job Title: TREK GAP PROGRAM
Employee Classification: Revision Date: 01.2021
TREK is a six-month program with an emphasis on personal and spiritual growth, outdoor adventure, and job experience in the hospitality industry. Participants will work a full-time seasonal job at Snow Mountain Ranch while regularly meeting with other TREK participants developing bonds of friendship and fellowship. Participants will experience faith and character development while gaining greater self-awareness and understanding. Guided by the Chaplains there will be weekly group meetings and small group meetings that encourage accountability, safe relationships, Bible study, thoughtful reflection, honest conversation and prayer. Retreats and special activities are also a part of this experience.
This program is designed for participants age 18-22 years old
Program Dates: August 16, 2021-February 28, 2022
What Can Participants Expect to Gain? The development of a spiritual, personal, relational and practical foundations for life and leadership. Participants will also have gainful employment for six months, lifelong friendships with people from around the world, and mountain recreation.
Important Information: Applications are open between January 8, 2021 - July 16, 2021. Interviews begin in early February 2021.
Please be aware, even if you're working in another department, most of our staff may work up to a few days each week in food service or housekeeping during September/October.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located at 9,000 feet above sea level on 5,000 acres, 20 minutes away from Winter Park Resort, and about 30 minutes from Grand Lake and the western entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado. In general, if you are a downhill/alpine/Nordic/cross country/back-country skier, snowboarder, or fat biker, you'll be happy at Snow Mountain Ranch, where we have over 100 km of Nordic skiing, mountain biking, and hiking trails on property. It's
also the home of our Sled Dog team. It's usually sunny, as we're located on a high, wide plain of rolling hills looking at the Continental Divide. You'll walk a bit to go from building to building (bring warm layers and boots), and are about a 10-minute drive from the nearest town, but that's why our staff loves it! (Once Winter Park Resort opens, we run a daily shuttle to the mountain for our staff.)
TREK PARTICIPANT COMPENSATION:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.32/hour (based on 32 hours/week). This position includes:
Room & Board Options Available:
* Room (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities)
* Board (3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
Other employee perks and discounts, including:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
* Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
Total Program Cost: $1,050
* $50 non-refundable application fee (instructions for paying the application fee will be e-mailed to the applicant after they have completed the online application)
* $400 enrollment deposit due at time of acceptance into the program.
The enrollment deposit is refundable by these dates:
* $400 by 5/1/2021
* $150 by 6/1/2021
* $50 by 7/1/2021
After 8/1/2021, no refund is available.
The remaining $600 program tuition is due upon arrival or by setting up a payroll deduction plan at check in.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsivity, and Faith in all functions.
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
* Meet acceptable criminal background check standards