Vehicle Maintenance Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: The YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience. The Vehicle Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting in the repair, maintenance and safety of the Estes Park Center vehicle fleet, including but not limited to all cars, vans, trucks and equipment.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE: We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements:
- Small engine repair experience required.
- Follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Have good organizational and time management skills and be able to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of safe work practices with hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, vehicle lifts, lifting and carrying of objects, and proper personal protective equipment is required.
- Recommend repairs, replacements and improvements to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor for planning and budget purposes.
- Work within established deadlines to ensure a quality product and timely completion of projects.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance equipment and tools are properly serviced and cared for.
- Work inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
- Monitor and revise the daily vehicle checkout as needed to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Be able to operate all vehicles in YMCA fleet.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Experience repairing and maintaining gasoline engines preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
- Recommend seminars and training to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor which will increase the knowledge of the Vehicle Maintenance Technician.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with with others in a diverse environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.