Vehicle Maintenance Technician
The Vehicle Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting in the repair, maintenance and safety of the Estes Park Center vehicle fleet, including but not limited to all cars, vans, trucks and equipment.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Small engine repair experience required.
- Follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Have good organizational and time management skills and be able to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of safe work practices with hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, vehicle lifts, lifting and carrying of objects, and proper personal protective equipment is required.
- Recommend repairs, replacements and improvements to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor for planning and budget purposes.
- Work within established deadlines to ensure a quality product and timely completion of projects.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance equipment and tools are properly serviced and cared for.
- Work inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 100 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
- Monitor and revise the daily vehicle checkout as needed to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Be able to operate all vehicles in YMCA fleet.
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Experience repairing and maintaining gasoline engines preferred.
- Recommend seminars and training to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor which will increase the knowledge of the Vehicle Maintenance Technician.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying $13-16/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Estes Park Center
About the Organization
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time