Vehicle Maintenance - Volunteer
The Vehicle Maintenance Worker is responsible for assisting Vehicle Maintenance Technicians with the repair of YMCA vehicles associated with operations at Estes Park Center.
As an On-Grounds Volunteer, there is a minimum service of at least 24 - 28 hours per week depending on the season. Peak Times - 28 Hours per Week - Saturday before Memorial Day through Saturday after Labor Day; Two Saturdays before Christmas through 1st weekend of April. Off-Peak Times - 24 Hours per Week - 1st weekend of April through Saturday before Memorial Day; Saturday after Labor Day through 2 Saturdays before Christmas
Essential Functions / Requirements:?
- Respond to problems with YMCA vehicles
- Complete basic repairs in tires, oil changes, cleaning, electrical and diagnostics
- Safely operate a variety of power, hand and welding tools
- Be able to lift up to 50-100 lbs up to a height of 4 ft. daily
- Be able to occasionally work outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work
- Have knowledge and understanding of maintenance skills and mechanical aptitude
- Possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles
Other Functions / Requirements:?
- All other duties as assigned
Volunteers are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other departments and/or our other center.
General YMCA of the Rockies Requirements:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform polo shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and black pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
As a volunteer, there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic café, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
About the YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer