Job Title: Vice President of Business Development - EXO Status: Exempt
Employee Classification: Year-Round, Benefited Revision Date: 6/19/2020
Reports to: President/CEO
Leadership Level: Organizational Leader
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Courtney Hill at email@example.com. The application deadline is July 17, 2020. We are only accepting applications for the Vice President of Business Development position through this avenue.
* Please do not send your LinkedIn Profile or apply through our website. Resumes and cover letters must be in a PDF or Word Document form.
YMCA OF THE ROCKIES EXPERIENCE:
When you work at YMCA of the Rockies, you become part of something bigger than yourself. The Vice President of Business Development has the opportunity to help cultivate an environment of healthy living, youth development, and community impact on our breathtaking 860-acre property. This is a place where nature inspires and staff lead with heart. Our serene surroundings of Rocky Mountain National Park provide moments of bliss throughout our days and remind us how blessed we are to grow our careers in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Our Board and Executive Leadership Team are immensely supportive and they will empower you to be a hospitable and servant leader to all. The work you do here matters - help us serve our mission by playing an integral role in the business operations of our diverse and charitable organization.
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, this position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies which operates two mission-based family and group conference and retreat centers and a residential camp serving more than 225,000 guests and campers annually. The Vice President of Business Development (VP) is a mission-focused visionary who is accountable for the development of plans and strategies to maintain and increase conference, family and family reunion business. The VP directs all activities of the marketing, communications, reservations and sales teams. The VP is also responsible for ensuring appropriate and professional communications externally and internally in the event of a crisis or threat to the reputation of the Association.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
* Provide strategic leadership of Group Sales, Family Reservations, Marketing / Communications teams to maximize revenue per available room at each center.
* Ensure the development and implementation of dynamic marketing and sales plans.
* Oversee brand management and protection in alignment with our mission and impact.
* Integrate tourism best-and-current practices where applicable to Association’s mission and operations.
* Lead staff in the implementation of Association initiatives that advance our mission and improve the guest experience, e.g. service and product standards, comprehensive packages, etc.
* Coordinate the development and implementation of the Association’s yield and pricing strategies.
* Work with the CFO and others to develop and monitor the sales budget and forecast.
* Administer the Guest and Group Leader Survey Systems and provide recommendations for improvements throughout the YMCA. Lead the implementation of improvements within the purview of this position.
* Hire and supervise directors within range of authority (appx. 4).
* Continually evaluate current marketing, sales and reservations practices at YMCA of the Rockies with goal of improving the guest and group experience.
* Create and implement a comprehensive system for collecting, analyzing and utilizing guest and market data.
* Function as one of two staff liaisons to Mission & Services Committee of the Board of Directors.
* Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
* Must have a bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of 10 years of lodging sales, destination/resort marketing, commercial hotel management and/or related experience.
* Demonstrated aptitude in marketing research and analysis, sales and public relations.
* Ability to quickly adapt our marketing and booking strategies to meet changing guest expectations.
* Demonstrated skill in written and verbal communications.
* Skill in interpersonal relationships to generate enthusiasm, motivation and competence with staff and volunteers.
* Personally support the fundraising campaigns of the Association.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
* Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
* Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
* All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time in a non-air-conditioned office while working on a desktop computer, phone, and printer.
* Ability and willingness to travel overnight as needed, most often between centers but occasionally
for extended periods out of town.
* Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays and extended hours as required by demands of the job.
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $120,000 - $165,000 per year with full benefits including:
* Health, dental, and life insurance
* Generous vacation / PTO
* Participation in the YMCA Retirement Plan (Additional YMCA contribution of 12% of annual salary after 2 years.)
* Family membership, which gives you access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, including our indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, tennis courts, mini-golf, hiking/biking/skiing trails, roller rink, library, a craft & design center, and so much more!
* Discounted or free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.