Volunteer - Camp Chief Ouray (CCO) Office
POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Volunteer will assist the Business Manager in all aspects of camp office operations. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to; answering phones, checking voicemail, filing, computer database entry, contacting parents, and other administrative duties as assigned.
OUR CULTURE: At YMCA of the Rockies, we firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR ALL CAMP CHIEF OURAY STAFF:
- Create a safe space for all campers, families, and staff. Promote safe work practices to allow for development and growth for all.
- Possess the social and emotional skills necessary to build rapport and positive relationships, putting camper needs first
- Respond to camper and customer requests for service, troubleshoot problems and develop solutions in a patient and respectful manner.
- Contribute to a cooperative and positive camp community, be a team player.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the camp facility and cleanliness of camp. Report any repairs in a timely manner.
- Assist other departments as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR OFFICE VOLUNTEER:
- Assist with all camp business operations such as resident camp and day camp registration, communication, invoicing/debt collection, staff recruitment, hiring, and paperwork.
- Office duties such as data entry, filing, answering phones, organizing, and customer service.
- Assist with work and cleaning projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS FOR OFFICE VOLUNTEER:
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn all aspects of camp operations and ability to answer parent questions.
- Computer skills, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, and some online databases.
- Basic office skills, strong telephone etiquette and business equipment knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Prolonged time of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.