Maintain Campground sites and campground facilities. Exhibit positive interaction with our guests.
- 10 weeks for first time volunteers
- Summer only
- High school diploma or GED equivalence is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Possess a valid US state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, be able to pass the YMCA driving test, and be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess general knowledge of the various RV types.
- Possess excellent customer service skills: friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- The ability to cooperatively work with others with diverse backgrounds in a varied work environment.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods in a variety of weather conditions and be able to navigate rough or uneven terrain.
- Be able to lift 50lbs a minimum of 3 ft. above the ground.
- Familiarity with and the ability to use a variety of gardening and hand tools.
- Be able to work flexible shifts including extended days, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Interact with and assist guests.
- Maintain the cleanliness and operation of guest bath facilities and bathrooms including the cleaning of showers, sinks, and toilets with approved commercial cleaning products.
- Clean, repair, and maintain campsite fire pits, grills, picnic tables, and grounds.
- Repair and paint campground picnic tables and other campground equipment as required.
- Maintain the appearance of the grounds including, gardening, watering flowers, spraying, and weed removal.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, problem-solving attitude at all times with guests and fellow staff members.
- Maintain a well-organized and safe work environment personally and for other staff members.
- Alert the front desk or buildings/grounds department to possible problems or safety issues.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Campground Attendants will adhere to the grooming standards outlined in the Seasonal Staff Handbook. YMCA of the Rockies issued staff shirts will be worn at all times while on duty. A neat and clean appearance is required at all times. Closed toed shoes or footwear appropriate for outdoor work is required.
Employees and Volunteers are held accountable for all requirements of the job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a volunteer position, 28 hours per week, with employee perks including:
- Campsite (with no bills)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a strict policy against alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
QUESTIONS? Please call our HR office at 970-887-2152 ext. 4219, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.