Job Title: Philanthropy Volunteer EPC/SMR Status: Non-Exempt
Employee Classification: Volunteer Revision Date:
Reports to: Philanthropy Director March 2021
Assisting the philanthropy team with assigned tasks. Being an Ambassador to our guests, members and donors, helping them to feel special. Being a communication liaison to guests regarding the multiple philanthropy and mission opportunities at Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch.
Position Available Immediately at Snow Mountain Ranch
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary experiences for our guests and for each other and we expect constant demonstration of our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
These functions cover both properties (EPC and SMR) and will be assigned to volunteers as appropriate. Volunteers are to use their own discretion as to what tasks and duties they are comfortable with, in terms of social distancing and in-person interaction.
* Bag and deliver cookies or welcome baskets to guests and donors
* Write welcome post-cards for check-in packets at the Front Desk
* Write thank-you notes
* Call members, donors and guests to thank them for their donation or to ask them about their Y of the Rockies story
* Enter donor information into the donor database (Raiser’s Edge)
* Seek out guests who would like to share their Y of the Rockies story in print or on video
* Takes photo or video after getting the appropriate releases signed
* Host open houses for cabins and yurts, explain the cabin donor program to guests
* Organize meet-and-greets as needed
* Promote the Camp Chief Ouray capital campaign by meeting camp families - SMR
* Promote the camper scholarship program - SMR
* Promote special discount lodging packages for medical workers, active military, families with children with pediatric cancer, pastors and other fair leaders, foster children, etc. (Healthcare Heroes, Rest & Renew, Grace, Mission 623, Foster the Future, etc.)
* Promote the cabin adoption program
* Be a vital communication link between the Philanthropy Department and volunteers
* Organize volunteer gatherings
* Strictly adhere to all social distancing and mask-wearing requirements for Covid-19
* A love and knowledge of YMCA of the Rockies and family camp
* The ability to get along well with others and easily talk with people of all ages in a friendly and engaging way
* The ability to use a map to find his or her way around Estes Park Center or Snow Mountain Ranch campus to visit guests staying at lodges, cabins, etc
* Ability to keep detailed notes about guests and donors and reference arrival/departure lists
* Public relations, photography
* Ability to use a camera
* Ability to drive a Y vehicle
* Arrange for refreshments
* Setup open house signs and distribute flyers
* Ability to write and use MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook
* Prior philanthropy, public relations or marketing experience helpful but not required
* Must be a self-starter and work well without a lot of supervision
* Must be willing to sometimes help mentor a college-age intern in a positive way
* Prepare creative ways for meeting guests and making guests feel they are part of something special
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
* Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
* Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
* Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
* Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
* Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
* All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a volunteer there is no compensation. Volunteer perks include:
* Volunteers will be assigned rooms with windows and a full bathroom. There are common areas with TVs, refrigerators and microwaves. All rooms have a private telephone and internet access.
* Geronimo Campground is an alternative available for volunteers at Snow Mountain Ranch in the summer months(mid-May to mid-September). Please inquire for more details.
Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week):
Other employee perks and discounts include:
* Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
* Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort - limited number available, first come first served basis)
* Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
* Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
* Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location, $25 per room per night, based on availability
* Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.